Are you passionate about data science, technology and finance?
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a fun, diverse, skilled and international guild of data scientists and engineers that offer unique opportunities for growth and learning.
- Manage a team of data scientists and engineers, coaching them to build competence in data science, Cloud engineering and/or DevOps best practices.
- Plan, create and productionise data science products to serve the bank in one of our agile delivery teams.
- Take on a lead role in defining, implementing and maintaining Swedbank’s data scientific governance frameworks.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to advance boundaries of data science within banking and finance, especially fighting crime.
What is needed in this role:
- Master's (at least) or PhD degree in a relevant field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, informatics), or a great reason for not having one.
- A desire to lead and to drive competence and skill development in a team, both by supporting the team’s learning and by creating the environment and space to develop.
- Curiosity to learn and internalize industry best practices and spread that knowledge, particularly around DevOps culture.
- Previous experience of leading, supervising, or managing projects and/or teams.
- Demonstrable experience of building and delivering products through agile practices.
- In-depth knowledge of modern data science or Cloud engineering, with at least keen interest in the other.
- Excellent communicator that can drive participation and engagement within your team and stakeholders.
- Business acumen and general understanding of application domains within banking and finance.
- Earlier exposure to Risk, AML or Cybersecurity (meriting).
- This is not a job in sandbox mode! We engage closely with other departments, build business-critical products and safeguard their continuous functionality.
At Swedbank we believe that people are our core strength. Our culture is built on respect, inclusion and openness. We support the continuous development and enable you to take the lead in your career and find inspiring challenges. We take care of your well-being by providing a sustainable and flexible working environment. As an employee, you will be part of the Group performance program, offered a company pension plan, optional health insurance, as well as other benefits. We are guided by our values: Open, Simple and Caring. It’s all about delivering a positive and unique experience for our customers through collaboration and teamwork – together we make a difference.
"Join our team and...
be a part of an international team of professionals, who are jointly delivering challenging projects, maximizing customer value and increasing Swedbank’s competitive advantage." Simon Whelan, your future leader
We look forward to receiving your application by 31.01.2023.
Location: Sundbyberg, Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius
Recruiting manager: Simon Whelan, +46 73 158 40 37
SACO: Henrik Joelsson
Finansförbundet: Jonas Nyström +46 8 585 946 52
If you are employed in Estonia, please note that the salary offered for this position ranges from 3500-5200 EUR gross i.e. before taxes. Read more here.
If you are to be employed in Latvia, please note that the salary offered for this position ranges from 3350-5050 EUR gross i.e. before taxes. Read more here.
If you are to be employed in Lithuania, please note that the salary offered for this position ranges from 4000-6000 EUR gross i.e. before taxes. Read more here.
We want to inform you that the recruitment process may be delayed due to Christmas holidays.
We have made our choice regarding recruitment media and therefore kindly decline contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.