Software Engineer – Big Data Specialist
We are seeking for a talented Software Engineer/Big Data Specialist to improve and maintain our Financial Risk services
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Join the exciting journey of our Financial Risk Value Stream that is responsible for strategic development and maintenance of Swedbank´s Financial Risk solutions
- Build strong technical competence and take a key part of improving, refining, and maintaining our tools and systems, to continuously comply with internal needs and regulatory requirements
- Be involved in vendor communication, planning, development, configuration, documentation and verification processes
- Follow Swedbank´s IT process management guidelines and make our services the best in class
- Gain knowledge about our business area within Financial Risk including Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk and Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Risk solutions
- Collaborate with software engineers, analysts, quants, architects and product owners for successful system improvements
What is needed in this role:
- Good problem-solving skills with a structured way of working and eager to learn
- Easy-going, open-minded and good team player
- Good knowledge of Big Data and Apache Spark specifically is required
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration is mandatory
- Experience in Bash/Shell scripting is required
- Other experience in using Python and other scripting languages or SQL is an advantage
- Knowledge of database structures is an advantage
- Good understanding of ITIL
- University degree in Computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in oral and written English with excellent communication skills
- Experience in working with financial/risk systems is a significant advantage
- Experience from Agile way of working is a plus
- Willingness to support users and provide technical assistance
At Swedbank we believe that people are our core strength. Our culture is built on respect, inclusion and openness. We support the continuous development and enable you to take the lead in your career and find inspiring challenges. We take care of your well-being by providing a sustainable and flexible working environment. As an employee, you will be part of the Group performance program, offered a company pension plan, optional health insurance, as well as other benefits. We are guided by our values: Open, Simple and Caring. It’s all about delivering a positive and unique experience for our customers through collaboration and teamwork – together we make a difference.
"Join our team and...
get a challenging role in an international team of professionals with a mix of risk management and IT experts, who are jointly delivering challenging projects as well as maintaining advanced IT systems. I expect ambition, proficiency and self-leadership from the team, equally I strongly support a healthy work/life balance. We are always open to new ideas and innovations helping us to improve and it is important for us to have fun at work”. Daniel Varsanyi, your future leader
We look forward to receiving your application by 28.03.2023.
Location: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Recruiting manager: Daniel Varsanyi, +46 730-43-71-77
SACO: Henrik Joelsson
Finansförbundet: Åke Skoglund +46 8 58 59 02 88
We may begin the selection during the application period, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
We have made our choice regarding recruitment media and therefore kindly decline contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.
- Job area
- IT and data
- Infrastructure and Systems Administration
- Stockholm HQ
Workplace and culture
We are about 15 000 colleagues working mainly in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Working together is important to us. We achieve the best results when we learn from each other and use our values Open, Simple, Caring to guide us every day.
We believe in diversity and inclusion and show this by treating customers and colleagues in the same respectful way.
About Swedbank Group
We serve local communities and are proud to play an important role there as well as being a key part of the financial system.
We are dedicated to developing close relationships with about 7.3 million private and 600,000 corporate customers.
Our passion is to help people to save for a better future. We work every day to support people, businesses and society to grow by promoting a healthy and sustainable economy.
Software Engineer – Big Data Specialist
Loading application form