Are you passionate about back-end development? Want to work with microservices architecture? Look no further and apply!
We are looking for an experienced Back-end Software Engineer to join our two cross-functional agile teams consisting of Software Engineers, UX Designers, Business Analysts, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Team Manager. The team is located cross-border both in Lithuania and Sweden. We develop and maintain Lending solutions on the Internet Bank and Mobile Bank applications for almost 4 million customers in Sweden. We take a full responsibility of our deliveries – starting from an idea up to development and maintenance. It is exciting to work in the Lending area which is the key area in the bank and plays an important role in our customers’ financial life. Together we empower many people and businesses to create a better future!
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, deploy & maintain back-end services/integrations
- Implement services on the new cloud native back-end platform built on CI/CD principals and modern application infrastructure
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions
- Work on front-end features in internet bank or mobile apps if you are interested
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by our team to troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Continuously improve the quality of our products by proactively reducing technical depth and writing unit tests
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth – innovation sprints, tech communities, workshops, conferences, e-learning, books
What is needed in this role:
- A relevant academic degree or equivalent work experience within IT
- 3+ years of experience with Java development
- Experience with REST APIs
- To enjoy teamwork and act as a team player in the cross functional team and constantly improve the way of working
- To be curious and motivated to develop and improve your skills continuously
- Experience in agile way of working (preferable Scrum, SAFe frameworks)
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
Technology stack we use:
- Back-end: Java, REST, Spring Boot, JUnit
- Front-end: Angular, Typescript, ES6, HTML5, CSS3, node.js
- Mobile apps: Kotlin, Swift
- Dev. environment: Jenkins, GIT, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Gradle, any of - Eclipse, WebStorm, IntelliJ, VS Code
- Other: Jira, Confluence (wiki), MS Teams
At Swedbank we believe that people are our core strength. Our culture is built on respect, inclusion, and openness. We support continuous development and enable you to take the lead in your career and find inspiring challenges. We take care of your well-being by providing a sustainable and flexible working environment. As an employee, you will be part of the Group performance program, offered a company pension plan, optional health insurance, as well as other benefits. We are guided by our values: Open, Simple and Caring. It’s all about delivering a positive and unique experience for our customers through collaboration and teamwork – together we make a difference!
"Join our team and ...
we will give you an opportunity to grow and to work in the key area in the bank. As a manager I strive to make sure you have all the support needed to take responsibility and succeed in your role, and the rest is up to you! Don’t hesitate to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you have any questions, I will be happy to connect.” – Eglė Pivoriūnė, your future leader.
We look forward to receiving your application by 29.12.2023.
Team manager: Eglė Pivoriūnė +370 612 27645
IT recruiter: Lina Jurkaitytė +370 624 24411
If you are to be employed in Lithuania, please note that salary offered for this position ranges from 3200-4800 or 4100-6100 EUR gross i.e. before taxes. Read more here.
We may begin the selection during the application period, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.