We are looking for someone who is passionate about driving modern way of working by using Kubernetes, containers, cloud and new technologies.
You are someone who challenges legacy ways of working, is craving automation and process efficiency and like to help our different initiatives see the light as they step into a platform that enables a modern way of working.
Our Container Platform is the most popular and growing PaaS in the Bank. We are pioneering new ways of working, challenging the old legacy mindsets and we are currently underpinning nearly all new initiatives and transformations.
Our aim is to abstract away integrations to the underlying infrastructure and surrounding eco-systems for our Development Teams, so that they can enjoy self-service and autonomy! Enabling fast-paced development and deployments is at the core of our mission. Looking ahead we aim to repeat the Container Platform’s on-prem success in the cloud, with all the bells and whistles it can give.
This position gives you the opportunity to challenge legacy IT and influence the direction of how an entire organisation develop and runs its entire business in a modern way.
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Be great team-member by being engaged on all aspect of the platform engineering - from decision making and design down to delivery and operation
- Be proud of enabling process-less ways of working
- Work alongside our great engineers in Development Platforms department
- Learn and explore through conferences and training courses as well as pair and mob programming sessions
- Take pride in your work enabling the development community to deliver better software for millions of bank customers
What is needed in this role:
- [required] Hunger for new technologies and modern practices
- [required] Being a great team player, with an aptitude in learning, exploring, and collaborating with your team and wider organization as whole
- [required] Knowledge of Container Orchestrators (Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc)
- [desired] Experience in designing and maintaining infrastructure for Kubernetes, including capacity planning and resource optimization
- [required] Experience in scripting languages for automating routine tasks, API integration, and infrastructure management
- [desired] Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment with tools like ArgoCD, Tekton, etc
- [desired] Proficiency in configuration management and Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Ansible and Terraform
- [required] On-Call experience
- [desired] Experience with running containers in the cloud, especially on Azure
- [valued] Experience with programming languages, such as Go, Python, Java
- [required] Communicating with ease in written and spoken English
- [desired] Relevant university degree or a great reason for not having one
"Join our team and...
…help shape the future of the bank! Challenge legacy ways of thinking, enable modern ways of working and fast development and use the most modern tools – the future is yours to shape with the team!
Be part of an inspiring atmosphere with talented colleagues who always are ready to help and like to share knowledge.
As your manager I will always look out for you, I am inclusive, caring and always present with anything that may require my assistance. I am flexible and pragmatic, but I like structure as well – striking a balance where needed.
My objective is to create a positive, and engaging work environment where the team can thrive and perform at its best. I believe that empowerment allows people to grow and do great things. If you find this inspiring - this is the role for you!" Johan Edeljung, your future manager
We look forward to your application at the latest 30.09.2023
Recruiting manager: Johan Edeljung, +46724517865
SACO: Camilla Ivarsson, +46858594437
Finansförbundet: Åke Skoglund, +46858590288
We may begin the selection during the application period, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
We have made our choice regarding recruitment media and therefore kindly decline contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.