Do you want to be a central competence for Savings banks mergers?
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Be a central part in a small team who are responsible for planning, coordination and execution of the technical activities in a savings bank merger or acquisition transaction
- Be in contact with all IT-maintenance organisations involved in a merger, and they are many
- Have a fantastic and unique possibility to be in contact with and learn about a wide variety of the IT-landscape in a large bank
- Active participation in merger "project"
- Develop and learn about banking-IT in a very wide perspective
What is needed in this role:
- Proven experience in IT project management or project coordination
- Experience with risk management and compliance
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Team oriented with a desire to service the team and fix things
- Humility, with a roll up your sleeves attitude to do what is best for the team and project
- Excellent communication skills both writing and speaking
- Fluent written and spoken English, with Swedish being an asset
- Understanding of bank processes (authorities, NPAP, Risk management) would be an asset
- Experience or interest in the business aspect of a merger would be an asset
- Academic education or relevant work experience
What we offer when you join us:
- An open, simple and caring culture.
- Opportunity to create the best experience for our customers.
- An international, sustainable and inclusive work environment.
- Development opportunities and advancement in your career.
- Flexible working options.
- Access to Group performance program, company pension plan, optional health insurance, and other benefits.
"Join our team and...
Swedbank and the Savings banks have a long history and a well-developed cooperation. A Savings bank is an own legal entity usually operating in a region and acting very locally. A Savings bank has its own board and staff. Today there are 58 Savings banks in Sweden that utilizes Swedbanks IT-platform as part of a partner-agreement.
Between 2009 and 2016 there were 19 mergers (and acquisitions) executed with the use of a technical setup called The Merger system (“Fusionssystemet” in Swedish). This Merger system has not been used, tested, or updated since 2017.
Two Saving Banks have decided to merge, and an initiative is started with high priority. It is expected that more mergers will follow.
Our team, Merger & Acquisition Services has the task to test and execute the requested merger and to secure competence for coming need of structural changes during 2024 and onwards.
We are a recently established unit within CFO Office in the BIO Group Functions division. Today we are seven people working in our team – but we are engaging many more in other units. We aim to grow – to become ~12 people during this year. We are also responsible for annual Year-End tests in the Swedish environment and for coordinating tasks when a Savings bank changes its legal setup (sparbanksombildning)." Torgeir Wendel, your future manager.
We look forward to receiving your application by 29.09.2023.
Recruiting manager: Torgeir Wendel, +46725364095
SACO: Camilla Ivarsson +46 8-58594437
Finansförbundet: Åke Skoglund +46 8 58 59 02 88
We may begin the selection during the application period, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
We have made our choice regarding recruitment media and therefore kindly decline contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.