Are you passionate about modern DDI technologies providing the highest availability and stability for the bank? Are you looking for an exciting job which offers excellent career development opportunities in a fast-paced environment? If so, you could be the Infrastructure Engineer we're looking for!
Aligning with our business and customer’s needs, we are currently moving towards digital business ready infrastructure, paving the road for a standardized, scalable, and stable networks with resilient Data Centre set-up and a substantial cloud presence. We are looking for a great addition to our DDIT (DNS, DHCP, IPAM and Time (NTP)) team within our Core Network and Data Centre group.
We design, develop, and maintain DDIT service availability and continuity to ensure the stability and resilience of the network services under any condition.
In Swedbank you have the opportunity to:
- Provide technical support for all network to all consumers of DDIT (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing, and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs, and escalating where required
- Design and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers
- Assist with the design of any potential new services
- Assist with the automation of network services
- Further developing the DDIT infrastructure
To succeed in this role, you need:
- Experience and knowledge of routing/switching and networking concepts and technologies
- Academic degree in IT with focus on Networking or other relevant area, or a great reason for not having one.
- Proven knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IPAM and NTP
- Proven knowledge of Infoblox appliances and/or similar technologies for managing DDI
- Knowledge of automation technologies and scripting such as: GIT, declarative state programming, configuration management via Ansible etc.
- Proven experience of working with change and incident’s ITIL processes
- Knowledge about cloud infrastructure is beneficial
- An automation mindset that focuses on modern administration of DDIT services
- Good cooperation skills and being an excellent team player
- Effective and always looking for possibilities to improve daily routines
- Social, driven who is not afraid of taking on challenging tasks
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to different environments
- Ability to reach out to people in an open, simple, and caring way
- Open mindset with a customer focused approach
- Experience from the agile way of working
- Proficient in English, spoken and written
At Swedbank we believe that people are our core strength. Our culture is built on respect, inclusion and openness. We support continuous development and enable you to take the lead in your career and find inspiring challenges. We take care of your wellbeing by providing a sustainable and flexible working environment. As an employee you will be part of the share delivery program, offered a company pension plan, optional health insurance, as well as other benefits. We are guided by our values: Open, Simple and Caring. It’s all about delivering a positive and unique experience for our customers through collaboration and teamwork – together we make a difference.
"Join our team and ...
and become a part of a team of professionals, who jointly deliver modern and stable networks, maximizing user experience, customer’s value, and increasing Swedbank’s competitive advantage” Ligia Godymirska, your future manager
We look forward to receiving your application by 15.08.2022.
Recruiting manager: Ligia Godymirska, Mobile: +46 761 35 01 45
SACO: Camilla Ivarsson +46 8 58 59 44 37
Finansförbundet: Åke Skoglund +46 8 58 59 02 88
We want to inform you that the selection process may begin after the summer holidays.
We have made our choice regarding recruitment media and therefore kindly decline contact with ad sellers or sellers of other recruitment services.
Swedbank does not discriminate anybody based on gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, ethnicity, religion or disability – everybody is welcome.